The Church Of England
As a Church of England Primary school within the Rochester diocese, we are inspired by The Church of England Vision for Education (2016). This vision seeks to promote educational excellence and human flourishing. It has, at its core, a desire for 'life in all its fullness' (John 10:10). The four main elements that are woven throughout the vision are:
- Educating for Wisdom, Knowledge and Skills: 'good schools foster confidence, delight and discipline in seeking wisdom, knowledge, truth, understanding, know-how, and the skills needed to shape life well'.
- Educating for Hope and Aspiration: 'good schools open up horizons of hope and aspiration, and guide pupils into ways of fulfilling them'.
- Educating for Community and Living Well Together: 'education needs to have a core focus on relationships and commitments, participation in communities and institutions, and the qualities of character that enable people to flourish together'.
- Educating for Dignity and Respect: 'human dignity, the ultimate worth of each person, is central to good education'.
The document concludes with an invitation to 'share the vision, making education that is deeply Christian, serving the common good, a priority now and in the years to come'.
The whole vision and other useful documents can be downloaded from the list below:
- 2016 church of england vision for education web final
- re statement of entitlement for church schools june 2019
- valuing all god s children